This is a sandbox, open-world game. There is no "win" condition.
Please don't be horrified by the wall of text below. These are detailed instructions for your reference, not something you need to read all-at-once. Thanks!
- Travel from star system to star system via the Star Map.
- Selecting a star opens the Planet Map, where you choose your specific destination within that system (a planet or moon).
- Planets/moons may have Space Stations; here you can:
- Buy/Sell goods
- Pick up Taxi Passengers
- Upgrade your ship
- You can also encounter other ships. Be aware that not all ships will attack you unless provoked.
- Arrow Keys move crosshair that highlights the nearest star system.
- 'Z' selects the highlighted star system and enters Planet Map
- 'C' returns to Flight Mode
- Large turquoise circle is the range of your FTL fuel. Buy or collect more fuel to expand your flight-range.
- Small pink circle is your current star system.
- Small light-green circle is your destination star system.
- Small yellow circles represent Taxi Passenger destinations.
- Large blue circles are 'protected' zones. Less likely to encounter hostiles here, but also less likely to find Pirate stations.
- Large red circles are 'piracy' zones. More likely to encounter hostiles here, but also more likely to find Pirate stations.
- Arrow Keys move cursor to select a planet or moon you wish to visit.
- 'Z' travels to that planet (instantaneously) and puts you in Flight Mode
- 'C' opens Star Map
- Yellow triangles represent Taxi Passenger destinations.
- Pink triangle represents your current location, if any.
- Light-green represents your destination planet/moon.
- Arrow Keys -- control is much like classic Asteroids.
- 'Z' -- Fire weapon.
- Grey space stations are ITG (Intergalactic Trade Guard) compliant -- narcotics *may* be detected and confiscated if you bring them here.
- Brown space stations are Pirate stations -- anything goes, and narcotics have lower prices.
- "Park" over a space station for a few seconds to enter the Station Screen
- 'C' to exit the Station.
- Up/Down to select different items on current screen.
- Left/Right change screen (Cargo[trade], Missions, Hangar)
- 'Z' - Buy unit of selected good
- 'X' - Sell unit of selected good
- 'Z' - View mission details (starmap and briefing screens)
- 'Z' - Accept mission
- 'X' - Abandon mission
- 'C' - Return to Missions
- Open the star map and look for yellow circles to locate your passengers's destinations.
- 'Z' - Purchase selected upgrade